The School of Geography, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive, and equitable environment for all staff, students and visitors.
The SGEAS Equity and Diversity Committee
2021 Committee members
- Vanessa Lamb (Chair)
- Andrew King (Deputy)
- Michael-Shawn Fletcher
- Peter Rayner
- Ariane Utomo
- Agathe Lisa-Pronovost
- Stacy Hitchcock
- Diego Carrio Carrio
- Gillian Gregory
- Pia Treichel (PhD in Geography Student representative)
- Ruby Evangeline Lieber (PhD in Earth Sciences student representative)
To report issues of discrimination, sexual harassment or bullying:
- Students and visitors can access the Safer Community Program.
- Staff should first, if possible, discuss issues with their line manager and/or local HR representative. You can also access the Employee Assistance Program, make an online report to the Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line, or call 1800 685 463 during business hours.
- Outside of the University, 24/7 support is provided by LifeLine and Beyond Blue.
Equity and diversity resources
Organisations and networks
- Athena Swan Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE)
- Pride in Action Network
- Melbourne Disability Institute
- Murrup Barak Melbourne Institute for Indigenous Development
- Women in Science Network
From the Faculty of Science
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Faculty of Science
- Indigenous research, engagement and inclusion in the Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Science Gender Equity Strategy 2020
- Faculty of Science Indigenous Strategic Plan 2019 (staff login required)
From the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides free, confidential, short-term professional counselling to currently enrolled students and staff. For students, CAPS also offers free workshops on a range of personal development, mental health and wellbeing issues each semester. Their student workshop page is updated regularly with additional events.
Melbourne University Sport has a range of resources available to help staff and students stay active during the COVID 19 pandemic.